Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Margarita Day #53

I was driving home yesterday when I heard on the radio that today is National Margarita day in the USA.

OK, after Pancake day.... Margarita day is even BETTER!!

Since it is Wednesday and I have my cooking classes, today is Chinese take-away made at home, with dishes like Sweet & Sour pork, Beef Broccoli, Fried Rice and a Chinese raspberry snowflake cake. My homemade drink will be Blueberry Mint Lemonade and then for lunch I'll add tequila and triple sec to it, to make it a tasty MARGARITA!! Normally I don't serve alcohol... so this will be an extra treat!



Here a little know-how I found on the net....

February 22, 2012 is National Margarita Day
Hey tequila lovers -- it's National Margarita Day! There are dozens of people who claim to be the creator of the first margarita drink. One of whom is a bartender named Willie from Mexico City. He says that in 1934 he concocted the drink for his friend, Marguerite Hemery (whom he named the drink after).

Salvador Negrete is another man who claims to be the inventor of margaritas. The day before his brother's marriage in 1936, Salvador presented the margarita cocktail as a wedding present to Margarita (his sister-in-law). There are various other stories of the drink's invention, but the true identity of the tequila master remains unknown.



To celebrate National Margarita Day, invite some friends over to make your own margarita bar. Set up a potluck for each person to bring ice, tequila, and different margarita flavors. Don't forget the limes!

So since I posted this blog so early in the morning, you still have PLENTY of time to invite your friends and have a Margarita potluck tonight!!

Go for it, and let me know how it went!
Also some nice tips of which margarita is your favorite, to give ME some ideas are welcome :-)

Cheers!
Mireille xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails