Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hard time... #59

I had such a hard time to enter the USA....

Every time when I come in, it almost pisses them off...

That's because I have a Green Card, and I don't live in the USA...

That fact really pisses them off...

And the guy at Homeland affairs, I always need to go to this special office at the airport, when I need to update my paper work.

This time I was there to renew my Green Card, it is expired after 10 years and get a new re-entry permit.

Oh the guy really intimidated me... with info like: You have a green card, but you don't live here, don't work here, don't own property here and don't pay taxes here... well, the last 2 are not true, but of course he was NOT interested in my response...

My situation is almost like an Military family, they don't work IN the USA, but that doesn't mean they work FOR the USA. Same here, we are not physical in the USA, but we still work kind of for the USA.

So he gave me a hard time and totally intimidated me with big words, loud voice and stern face!

But I got through, got my re-entry permit anyway and are filing for my new Green card and hoping that it all works out and I can leave again with the paper work done with.

So today I have time for some shopping, since I did all the filing of the paper work, and now I am just waiting for them to confirm that they have received it....

This is the mall I am hanging out today, it has these huge boots in front of Saks 5th Avenue, maybe I should buy the girls some boots like this??



So hanging out in the mall, wandering around, doing a bit of shopping... have nothing else to do besides waiting for my paperwork to get processed and getting a confirmation that this is done, so I can leave again.

A bore...

But somebody has to do it!

I miss my girls and my hubby, hope they are doing well. I am not often without them!!
Hope the days will fly by....

Ciao,
Mireille xx

3 comments:

Wyndee said...

Wow plantangenet----- I happen to LOVE my democratic country and am very proud of it.

Mireille- sorry you had such a difficult time.

dawn said...

Miriellle
I feel your pain. I am a green card holder. Even after living here for 25 years I haven't gone for citizenship and the way USCIS treats people is shocking to me. I no longer fly directly back into Miami, I enter the country in an other State and work my way back here as the INS officers in Miami are some of the meanest, rudest people I have ever met.

Chin up and soldier on. You will get through the red tape...eventually.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Just finally catching up on all your posts again. Good luck, I remember having issue's in Guatemala witht he american side of things, I thought they would be helpful but boy was I wrong, although in the end they came thru for me, but pretty touch and go. Good Luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails