Thursday, April 21, 2011

A peek into our real estate world...

So you know I am looking for a new home. Not easy to find something that equals the house we are living in now, since we love it so much, got used to it and really wanted to stay here till the moment we move COUNTRY. Which will probably be in another 2-3 years. So I was not prepared for this!! But this is the life we lead, and expat life has no securities in terms of how long and where you will live...

So back to house hunting! I mean some of the houses are beautiful we are looking at, but each house has something we DON'T like, either it is the flow of the house, or it is too big.. too bombastic, or the garden is too small, or too close to another home (since we live in secured estates, sometimes the privacy is not there as much as we would want).



But in the end I have to choose one of these that are available now, I can't wait a month, it has to be this week, so as you can imagine limited choices. What if you just had chosen one, but then the week after your DREAM HOUSE comes on the market... well, too late for that!!

So let me introduce you to a few houses we have seen, I know some of you are dying to see this, so here some links... one of these house will become ours soon, or there will come a few on the market this week I don't know about yet now. And we like even more than these ones...

I put them up randomly, so which one you like best?? Just click on them to see the link.

Malaysian Magic on the River.

Bliss on the fairway.

Farm house heaven.

Lovely Family Home.

Entertainments Dream. This one has it's own movie theatre, so the girls want me to pick this one!

Classic with modern finishes.

Modern and spacious home.

So these are just a few I have been looking at, and probably one of these it will be, unless there are this week coming out a few new ones... Each one has nice features, but also things that we don't like about it, so now we just have to make a list with the pros and cons and see which one comes out on the top! I will keep you updated....

And then the big move starts... packing, but also throwing out a lot that I don't need anymore (well my maids will be lucky, since whatever we don't need goes to them...)

And then re-decorating (which I like the best) but that probably will happen when we come back from our long break of 8 weeks.... now I don't want to go on vacation... I want to get it over with!!

Do you move a lot, do you like to look at Real Estate, how long have you been living in your house??
The girls are a bit more excited now, that they know there is one house with its own movie theatre in it, of course they want me to pick that one!! They can see themselves already sitting in there with their friends and popcorn... LOL
We will see how it goes!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Mireille xx

8 comments:

Robin and Kyle said...

These are all gorgeous, but the one with the theater looks really gorgeous, and it sounds like you throw lots of great parties. I vote with your girls. =)

StickyRice said...

I like the lovely family home. Lots of room for visitors :)

Flyss said...

It's the entertainments dream for me too! It looks like it has lots of character where as some of the others look a bit bare. I also like the farmhouse one, the kitchen is just like you'd find in a country property here in East Sussex, UK.

I love looking at houses, my Mum used to be an estate agent so we were always watching house programmes on TV. Good luck choosing!

Bing said...

Wow.. they all look gorgeous! I vote for the Bliss on Fairway. I love the white kitchen!

Unknown said...

Hey Mireille,

If you don't take the one with the theater, my kids picked that one...if we ever get there!!! Good luck!

Wendy said...

I'm kind of with your girls on this one. The home with the theater is magnificent, and, as Robin said, I think it would be a good fit with your lifestyle, since you have so many fabulous parties. It has lots of character. I also like the "farm house" though it's not exactly what I expected in the traditional farm house style. I love the exposed beams in the kitchen/dining area. The family home is nice, too. The last one is too modern for my tastes and seems like a cavern! It's kind of impersonal and cold. Having said that, they are all impressive homes, and I'm sure you will make whichever one you choose your own!

Helen said...

I vote for the farm house - the exposed brick did it for me. They all look quite amazing! Our house was built in 1902!

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails