Friday, March 4, 2011

Indian Mythology...

is fascinating and when I think about India, I always think about these colorful gods and pictures you see everywhere. The ones I picked out are mostly from Hinduism and the tales are so inspirational. And since my travels to India are coming up soon, I was researching a bit and just wanted to share with you a few pictures and descriptions... not too much just give you a hint and if you like to know more you can always google more...

Ganesha is one of the deities best-known and most widely worshipped in the Hindu pantheon and easy recognizable with its elephant head.







Hanuman is a Hindu deity, an ape-like race of forest-dwellers, Hanuman is an incarnation of the divine and a disciple of Lord Sri Rama in the struggle against the demon king Ravana.







The Garuda is a large mythical bird or bird-like creature that appears in both Hindu and Buddhist mythology.






I picked out only a few that I know well, but here are all the Gods of Indian Mythology, so if you like to know more about this mystical world, the rich stories and fantastic drawings you can google their names....



So what do you think of these pictures, stories and believes? Interesting, boring, colorful, fantastic??
Do you know a lot about mythology? I saw some stories for children about the Indian Mythology and I would love to find a good book for JJ & Jezz about Indian mythology. I think they would like those stories. So another task for me to go and look for :-)

Share with us!
Mireille

2 comments:

Maci Miller said...

I find Hinduism fascinating. I had a yoga teacher once that used to tell you a story about a god or character during the rest period of each class. it was very interesting. Such a unique religion and culture. I bet you are having a great time researching and learning more as you plan your trip. I have a feeling you are SO gonna LOVE India. ARe you sure you don't have room in your suitcase for a couple stow-aways? :-)

Druv said...

It would be illogical to call these stories Mythological.

Firstly, the word mythology comes from the word "Mythya or Mithya" from Sanskrit which means a lie or deception. Hence from the beginning you are adding some thing very wrongful to begin with.

It has been an Abrahmic ploy to warp history , and people keep using the subtle manipulation which will destroy the foundations of Vedic civilization.

Its best you become more aware of the destruction happening around you.

Augadha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails