Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Global change...

You guys are not the only ones that have severe weather... here in South Africa too it is not normal. We are supposed to have summer now, and we ALWAYS have blue skies!! This picture below is just standard....

Well not these days!! It is raining, drizzling, grey, boring, wet, the grass is mushy... my pantry is filled with water... which I don't need.. an indoor swimming pool... I already have on in the garden, thank you very much!!



No, this is the look of the last weeks.... rain on the grass and everywhere, the pool overflowing, the kids wearing fall clothes to school, grey skies. And you know what also comes with this rain is... THUNDER! And it is the most severe THUNDER & LIGHTNING I have ever seen or heard!!



The skies are cracking open, the lightning bolts are SO severe, did I tell you that 2-3 weeks ago the lightning hit OUR house! It was SCARY!! Jasmine and me were watching TV and suddenly.... BOOM, BOOM..... DARK everywhere! The lightning hit our house and blew up the TV, DVR and phones. I honestly fell the air inside moving, like a great force that came by and the noise was overwhelming!! Jasmine and Juliet were really scared, and normally these girls are troopers!

It was about 7:30 pm, and since all the electricity was out... the only thing we could do was snuggle together in bed... but that is the bad weather here for you in SA.
OK ~ no snow storms like you all have in the USA and Europe but your house being hit with lightning is also something I don't wish upon anybody!!

So we continue with having a grey & drizzling day... how does your day look??
I just have to be the sunshine in house myself... haha LOL!

I wish you all a sunny day! or as they say in Zulu: USUKU OLUBALELE!
Mireille

6 comments:

Kerrie (and Jason) said...

Brisbane Queensland - severe thunderstorms here too today. Lots of trees down and power out. On my plus side it would have cleaned some of the mud off the roofs, roads and plants from the recent flooding. :) I think mother nature is revolting against us all!

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog by accident and it is simply wonderful. We moved to Joburg about 4 months ago and my children attend the American school as well. We too are surprised by the recent weather. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Mireille said...

Hi Mary! Welcome to Joburg! My girls are also at AISJ! So let's have a coffee! contact me at my email address at mdijkstra @ telkomsa.net

Mireille said...

Ginster, we DON"T have blue skies, normally we do, but it is GREY and raining....

Wendy said...

More snow and freezing rain here in CT. Another day off from school. Another day of digging out and more to come on Friday. Water from ice clogged gutters is dripping into the living room

But...thankfully, nothing like having a house hit by lightning. Glad you're ok!

Maci Miller said...

oh that's a drag. So sorry to hear about all the rain and the filled up cabinets! Australia really has horrible rain now too. Here, it's just cold and lots of snow and ice. Calling for more snow this weekend which really cramps my weekend plans!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails