Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November ~ National Adoption Awereness Month

November is National Adoption Awareness month. So you can find all over the Internet articles about adoption. To bring more awareness to the people, who are thinking about adoption. Or to raise public awareness about the thousands of children and youth waiting in foster care for permanent, loving families. If you are one of those, just read and look at our pictures...it maybe helps.

We already adopted our twin girls Jasmine and Juliet more than 6 years ago. They were only 3 months old when we got them. At that time we were living in Thailand, their birth country. We stayed there till they were 16 months and then we moved to the USA.

I still remember so vividly the first days and months, it was overwhelming to have 2 young babies at once! They only slept through the night the week before their 1st Bday! It was a long first year, but I wouldn't have missed it in the world! And if you are a parent or an adult who is thinking about adoption and not sure yet.....Just go for it! I can tell you it is one of the best decisions we made in our lives! Just look at these faces and think about a child like JJ and Jezz could be yours, to hold, protect and love for the rest of their lives. There are so many children out there that need your love, protection and guidance. It is not an easy road to travel, but it is so worth it! And like a heavy pregnancy, you forget all the pain and sorrow when you hold that little precious child in your arms! I know from experience!!

Here are some pictures from 2002-2008, each year as they progress from cute little babies to adorable toddlers to beautiful 'big kids' now!
3 months old, it was hard to let them sit straight. Took me forever to get this shot ;-)

17 months old, just waking up.

27 months old, wearing funky hats.

3 years old, how sweet.

4 years old, having fun.

5 years old, fashionable girls.

6 years old, be my sweet valentine.

I also found a poem from Jill Work about adoption on this site, I like to share with you.

My child,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream
that you were real.

My child,
I carried your picture with me
since the day I received it,
And dared to love
a child I was yet to meet.

My child,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder
at your face,
And dared to lose
my heart to you.

And now, my child,
a dream fulfilled,
a prayer answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
a mom.

And so now,
my precious child,
I shall carry you
home.


If you like to see more pictures of JJ and Jezz, go to my Flickr album. There is an album for each year of their lives.

And if you are thinking about adoption or you have questions, shoot me an email I am more than happy to talk to you!

Love, Mireille

3 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Hi, Mireille! OMG, those girls are so gorgeous!! Thanks for the nice comments this morning. It was really a precious moment. I seem to be teary eyed a lot latey...teared up again reading that poem you just posted! It's a really great one. I am going to put that in Ruby's Life Book! Talk more soon!
Love, Jen

annet said...

Hi Hi .....

what a great poem.....every word is true to me.......the love for a adoptive child .......unconditional.

waiting mother.....

rosemary said...

Thank you so much for posting such an encouraging message to all of us waiting parents! It was a wonderful thing to read this morning!! Your girls are gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails