Sunday, March 22, 2009

A lot of things at once....

A lot of things happening at once...
First last Thursday it rained so much here, that we had some leakage in the house. If you have seen pictures of my house you can see that I have almost shiny tiles... well these tiles are very slippery when wet.

It's 6:50 am and I am walking with bare feet in the hallway on my way to open the garage door, to see and hear when the school bus arrives. JJ is at home, she is sick with the flu, Jezz on her way to school. I slip so hard that I fall with both feet in the air, fall into the wall and bump my shoulder into the wall and dislocate my shoulder... can't move, Dirk is gone to work already and I am laying in a pool of cold water unable to move. I yell out to Khetho and we call the ambulance and off I am to the hospital. We missed the school bus, so now 2 kids are at home with Khetho. I am at the hospital with no pain medication and my shoulder is by now almost to my elbow... I almost faint from the pain, but realize that the system here is slow and the day after (last Friday) is my Bronze Wedding Anniversary (12,5 years) and we are off to God's Window in Mpumalanga for the weekend..... well, everything is uncertain at that moment, because the doctor that checked me said that he thinks my arm is broken instead of dislocated...but I feel the same pain as I had twice on the other shoulder. Scans need to be made and I am waiting and waiting...finally they give me some pain medication that only after a long agonizing 30-40 minutes kicks in. So I was without pain medication for almost 2 hours!! TIA = This is Africa!!

Finally they put me half asleep to put my shoulder back into it's place, I was so anxious for this, since the last 2 times they did it without me putting to sleep. I have a dislocated shoulder now in 3 continents and each procedure goes different...so I was very reluctant to figure out how it would work here and didn't have high hopes...but luckily I woke up and the procedure was done. But my shoulder is in bad condition and I need a follow up with a Orthopedic surgeon next week, first we go off for our short weekend vacation. I wish we hadn't gone, as my gut feeling told me... Dirk and the girls are all 3 coughing, sneezing and not feeling well, I am in a sling and the house in up in the mountains between a spooky forest, fog and mist hanging everywhere around us. Beautiful location if it is not foggy... but the house is infested with moths.... hundreds of them!! I feel like I am in a Alfred Hitchcock horror movie and we go home after the first night, didn't get a refund.. still trying to.. but this is Africa!! I don't sleep the whole night, the only thing I hear is the buzzing noise of the wings... it totally creeps me out!
On the way back home, we get into a car accident just to make the weekend even more 'pleasant', nobody is hurt but we are in a spooky and gloomy mountain top... mist everywhere, some weirdo's drive into our car, Dirk pays them off just to get rid of them, no police involved... we want to go home and go to bed and not wake up till the next day... we are all feeling bad and miserable. We drive home in silence, almost 5 hours in the car... what a weekend!!

Finally home, need to go to the hospital again, because my arm is not acting the way I want it, makes uncontrolled movements and my skin is numb... and tomorrow I have to fly to the USA... from door to door almost 30 hours I am on my way, just to make a couple of new fingerprints for my US passport that I am getting soon. Not the right time, but have no saying in this, the longer I wait for it the more hassle it brings.

I am in a sling, my children and husband have the flu and I need to leave the country. The last couple of days have not been very good. And on top of that I feel the sniffle and sneezing could catch up on me as well... some days are better than other days.

There is not even a picture that I can add to this mess, how I felt the last couple days, what happened in those lost moments, a lot of things at once. And I am just writing it down in case you think where I have been the last days.... I have a hard time typing, my right hand is shaking and making weird movements and tomorrow I am off on a 30 hours plane flight...so you won't hear from me in a few days either...

Wish me luck and I hope I had all the bad luck for 2009 in the last couple days....
At least I am certain that your days will be better, worst than mine is not imaginable.

Love, M

9 comments:

rosemary said...

Wow! I thought I was having a bad month. You have really put my attitude into perspective! I hope you feel better and they fix your arm immediately. Let us know if you're going to be in NYC.

Wyndee said...

Oh no! Why don't you stop by a hospital when you're in the states to get that arm checked out again?

Mandy said...

Oh no! It all sounds so awful!! Which hospital did you go to?

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

well tha6t certainly is a weekend, no thank you! good luck with everything, hope your next post is full of fun for you all.

Maci Miller said...

OMG! I'm so sorry what you have gone through this week! How dreadful! So hope you are feeling better soon. I agree with Wyndee. You ought to see a doctor here if you can. Let us all know how you are doing!

Maci Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Oh No! Bless your heart, how terrible! I will be praying for you. :)

Free Spirit said...

OMGoddness. I am so sorry you are having such a horribe time. The pain I am sure is excrtiating and the waiting and snail paced medicine in SA is frustrating. You poor thing. WHen it rains , it pours they say. Hopefull all bad things are over. I hope you have a wonderful trip to USA. WIsh you could visit me here.

1 775-830-6377 is my number is you are in USA.

Jessica said...

Have mercy! That truly is a bad weekend. Hope you're on the mend again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails