Friday, March 13, 2009

Fabulous Friday!

When Dirk turned 40 the year before last, I had a surprise party for him. Since his favorites are burgers and beer, I did a Burgers and Beer around the World party for him. It was so much fun organising it!

I went to the local liqueur shop and asked some advice. Since I don't drink beer at all... I had no clue whatsoever to order. I was a lucky gal, since the guy who was working there was a beer connoisseur and he gave me this list to buy, and I did. I still don't know much about beer, but I remember that everybody was impressed with the beers I got! Such a variety and a lot of these beers nobody had tried before. So this part of the party was already turning out well :-)

Lindeman Kriek Lambic, Dogfish Head Fort Ale, Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA, Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout, Berkshire “Shabadoo” Black & Tan Ale, Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen, Paulaner Oktoberfest-Marzen, Hofbräu Oktoberfest, Long Trail Hibernator, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Harpoon Winter Warmer and
Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau ‘07
.

Now the burger part, this is more up my alley, since I love cooking. So I decided to make mini burgers (I was way ahead of the trend that would come up a few months later ;-) since everything mini is really a food trend... and still is!

I wanted to make some burgers that also women like, so I had a choice of:
Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Orange-Chipotle Mayonnaise
The Southeast Asian Turkey Burger
The Moroccan-Spiced Lamb Burger With Beet, Red Onion, And Orange Salsa
Grilled Portobello Burgers with Piquillo Pepper Aïoli and Watercress


Since these were mini burgers you could try them all or at least 2 or 3 out of the four. I must say this was a super duper party, and I am glad I saved the recipes so we can do it again in a few years. Since we are living in another country I can easily do my top rated parties again without people ever noticing that I did this already... there are some advantages of moving every 4-5 years :-)

So talking about burgers, I am thinking of eating a burger today. But since it is Friday and we try to do a wholesome vegetarian dish I found this recipe of the Ultimate Veggie Burger on 101cookbooks. And this is the burger we are eating tonight! Yummie or what?

The picture alone makes me hungry :-)

The recipe is from this book: Super Natural Cooking from Heidi Swanson.

I hope I gave you some ideas for a Fabulous meal on this Fabulous Friday or maybe an idea for your next party? Email me if you like the recipes from the burgers... I am happy to share ;-)

Have a Fabulous weekend!
Mireille

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Sounds like a fun party!! Actually, sounds like my hubby's kind of party, Burgers and Beer!!! How great!!

Jessica said...

What a clever party idea. I'm going to have to remember this one. Thanks. Got my new Adoptive Families magazine. The girls look beautiful as always.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails