Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the movers are here!

Our house is full of boxes, tape, unpacked suitcases, stacks of clothing that has to be either packed in the container or for our 8 weeks that we are without our stuff.
It is hectic, messy and I don't know where to begin. This is the part that isn't that great! I can tell you, we've done it before, but it seems that we get more stuff every time. And you know what...it doesn't only seem, it is the truth!! We have more stuff every time we move, especially now with 2 children who have a room full of stuff.

And the next coming 8 weeks we are living out of 8 suitcases, and you know what? That goes fine. I've done it before; living without my stuff for over 1 year, and I did just fine. So why are we collecting all this stuff? Can you tell me, why do we think we need all this stuff to make us happy?

At the moment we don't have a TV anymore, only 1 car, and the computer will be out of here tomorrow as well...it is getting critical now. Because if I think of 1 thing that I will miss the most; that is my computer. How did people live 10 or 20 years ago, with no computer??

Tonight is the last night we are sleeping here in our house, 2 more nights in a hotel nearby and then we are off to Holland (who is winning at EK soccer big time!!..YEAH!) for a 2 week vacation. Then one more week in France and then we fly to Joburg.

Have a good week y'all, tomorrow is my last entry for a while...
ciao, Mireille

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails