Thursday, April 10, 2008

SA design & home decor

Before we went to SA for a look-see visit I was thinking already about which things I need to buy in the USA before we move. New things for in the home, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how many modern and up to date design and home decor they have in Johannesburg!! Wow, what a selection! They even have a complete Design Quarter, where I can experience the sensory pleasure of lavish shopping and delectable dinning in a stylish lifestyle centre created for people with a passion for interiors, design and fine eateries. With over 40 sensational stores including concepts stores with cutting edge approach of leading South African retailers. You will find Woolworths home & food, Boardmans, @home livings space and Mr Price Home.
Plus they have coffee shops and small restaurants there, so you can easily spend a whole day without being bored or hungry! I don't need to buy anything here in the US. They have probably even more all in one mall that is conveniently situated next to my new home ;-) So I can't wait to go and explore and shop for new things.


The styles are more European and I am very excited to see which styles are in fashion on the other side of this world. I've seen the styles here, so something new, something fresh.....mmmmm
I can't wait ;-)
They even have an Elle Decoration SA edition and House & Leisure SA, so there must be enough new and upcoming designers to have special editions just for SA.
Mireille is very excited!!
My husband will get a bit worried when he will read this, since he knows how well I can shop! haha...
But I have a good excuse, the house is about 2 times bigger than the house we are living in now, so obviously we have to add a few pieces!

And do you see these lounge chairs next to the pool, arent't they cute and have a fresh design? They probably would look good next to our new pool? Just an option, I have to check first what else they have there in SA. But I like what I see!

Pretty soon you will see me wandering through Design Quarter in SA and picking up some quirky pieces for our new ultra modern home!

PS: If you read this blog and you live in Joburg, please leave me a comment for more shopping tips since I will be new to the area in July.

Have a great day y'all.
Mireille ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails