Monday, April 7, 2008

Planning for a moving / tag sale

Okay, what do you think I am doing these days? Preparing my move and going room by room to see what we don't need anymore in SA. Things will be different there, like climate and condition of living. Here we own our own home, so we need to work in the yard, paint the trims now and then. Keep up the house.... all that stuff we don't need to do anymore the next coming years. So that also means, we can get rid of a few things here and there. We will be renting a house, so small maintenance is not of our own concern anymore. The owner of the house is responsible for that...yeah! So the tag sale pile is getting bigger and bigger ;-)

The electricity in SA is 220 Voltage, so bye bye kitchen appliances, TV, radio's, hair dryer, iron, leave blower, grass mower etc..etc.. We have to sell my car, since they drive on the other side of the road in SA. It is not handy to import the car...so bye bye car. Up to something new again...not bad moving once in a while ;-)

The weather is totally different than here in the North East; average temperatures are between 50-85 Fahrenheit. So bye bye winter clothes....not bad moving to a more tropical environment ;-) The weather is more comparable to San Diego, I like that! No more hats and gloves, no more scraping the windshield for a while. However, that also means no more ice skating on the lake in front of our house. But I am sure we will find some other things to do during that mild winter in SA. There is so much to explore.... I can't wait and tell you about it.

But now I have to go and declutter some more.... :-(
I need some more encouragement, don't feel like doing this anymore. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails