Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A day on Silver Beach / Ao Tong Takian

We went to Silver Beach on Saturday. It was such a relaxing day, it's a very small beach on Koh Samui. Almost like a small cove with huge boulders on one side. Not very crowded, the water is very clear and shallow, so ideal for kids. The girls loved finding little critters between the rocks. It was a very relaxing day. I stayed in the shade all day, since 2 days before I was a bit sunburned and still needed to heal my skin, but I am all good now!





Silver Beach is located on the East coast of the island, not far away from Lamai. And you have to enter it through Silver Beach resort. It is rather small, but really beautiful and surrounded by hilltops and coconut trees. There are four small resorts at the beach and also Thai traditional massage provided under a big tree. Ao Tong Takian as it is also called has a lot of corals and stones on it's sea bed. So if you go snorkeling here, you will find some colorful fishes or/and harmless black sea cucumbers, which we already saw some with just our bare eyes! We definitely need to buy some goggles, so the girls can see underwater!







Juliet showing her orange tongue after eating an ice cream :-)



Jasmine; just her lovely self :-)



This is just one of the many beautiful beaches here on Koh Samui and I will show you many more!

Sawasdee Kha!
Mireille

5 comments:

Megan said...

All I can say is WOW!! And boy am I ever jealous!! Enjoy!

Maci Miller said...

Oh, it's looks so wonderful! I love the shot with the girls in their pink suits and those cool rocks behind them. The way the light is reflecting off them is cool. I also love how cute the girls are in their matching pink swimwear! I bet they are just having a blast!

You are making me sooo ready for my beach trip now! Just hitting the local beach in DE but it is a beach none-the-less! I can't wait!!!

Wendy said...

Keep those pictures coming. Lily loves seeing photos of her homeland!

Annie said...

Oh how heavenly!

Mireille said...

Jen, Ruby will love the beach!! Have fun! I just got a new camera, my dad brought it with him, since this one is acting weird after it fell in SA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails