Saturday, May 19, 2012

Orlando Water Towers Soweto

Last Wednesday I went back to Zola, Soweto again to the house of the Shwe Shwe Poppis. I had such a good time and I wanted to help the ladies some more.

So I decided to sell the Poppis for them, and write on my blog about it again to get more info out on the web. The more people know about the Poppis the more they hopefully sell.

This project is near and dear to my heart and I really hope that they get bigger orders in, so more women can start sewing so more children of Zola will have food on the table!!

I went back with Khetho, my helper, so it was kind of a day out for her. She truly enjoyed to see how the women were sewing in that little house in Zola.

Now I have 2 huge baskets in my house with loads of Shwe Shwe Poppis, big and small and key chains to sell. And it is going well! Everybody likes to bring these unique handmade dolls home to their country of origin, since it is a truly "Made in Africa' gift!

So colorful, so cute!

I brought the ladies some lunch: Asian Coconut Fried Rice and some fresh pineapples for dessert.
I hope they will like it! They probably never had a dish like this :-)

On  the way back home I drove past the Orlando Water Towers and saw this rope bridge across the 2 towers and then I remembered that you can bungee jump from these towers.

Well, I am not sure if I would like to do that, but if you are interested, go to their website and check it out! For sure a thrilling and adventurous experience!! Adventure bookings is the company to go to.
Orlando Water Towers Soweto
The jump is 100 meters high! Do you dare??

Not me...

My next postings will be from Istanbul, I am arriving today!
Mireille xx

15 comments:

Bing said...

I'm sure the ladies had a very special yummilicious lunch that day. Great work you're doing! =)

Miss you!

xx
K

Anonymous said...

Hi Mireille,
Just wanted to say - did you know that Shwe means 'gold' in Burmese? So those dolls are the Gold Gold Poppies if you translate the word shwe.

they are gorgeous! Zoë

Annie said...

How cool are those?! And what a great way to raise for a good cause!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

For some reason I never saw this post, but I was checking in because nothing has popped up from you, hope everything is OK.

Annie said...

Mireille, I hope all is well. You haven't posted for a few months and that is not like you. Is all well? Just checking in, my dear friend. Missing you!

Unknown said...

Hi! Found you through MomBloggers! I'm also an adoptive Mom!! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Annie said...

Where are you Mireille? What happened to your beautiful blog full of beautiful pics? Did you redesign it on purpose? Are you taking a huge blogging break? I know i can see you on FB, but your blog is one of my all time favs!!

Natalie Sullivan said...

Hi!
My name is Natalie Sullivan and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in South Africa and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The expats on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. They must also speak English fluently and can be buyers or renters for their homes. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 646.862.2188 or skype me at natalieesullivan. You can also email me at nataliesullivan@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chettinad Burgundy said...

Really nice idea.. thanks for posting.
apartments near iskcon temple coimbatore | apartments near iskcon temple | apartments in iskcon temple coimbatore

Joyce Hillary said...

Great Dr. imoloa herbal medicine is the perfect cure remedy for HIV Virus, I was diagnose of HIV for 8years, and everyday i am always on research looking for a perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease as i always knew that what we need for our health is right here on earth. So, on my search on the internet I saw some different testimony on how Dr. imoloa has been able to cure HIV with his powerful herbal medicine. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him for the herbal medicine which i received through DHL courier service. And he guided me on how to. I asked him for solutions a drink the herbal medicine for good two weeks.  and then he instructed me to go for check up which i did. behold i was ( HIV NEGATIVE).Thank God for dr imoloa has use his powerful herbal medicine to cure me. he also has cure for diseases like: parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease   email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  / call or {whatssapp ..... +2347081986098.  }

azharrubani said...

Dubai is the best places to spend holidays with friends and family if u want to visit dubai then u contact the company.
vip desert safari dubai

Meta Career & Education Services said...

Thanks for sharing this blog with us, its very useful information.
MBBS admission in China

Meta Career & Education Services said...

Great post, its very informative.
MBBS admission in India

Meta Career & Education Services said...

Thanks for sharing this article with us.
MBBS admission in Nepal

Meta Career & Education Services said...

thanks for sharing this post, its very useful for me.
MBBS admission in Poland

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails