Thursday, November 10, 2011

The boy from Ipanema...

.. Is a song sung by my dear friend Maci Miller and I am listening to it right now, early in the morning while the sun is shining here in South Africa and my friend is hopefully sleeping in her bed in Philly and thought... let's write a blog post about this wonderful and amazingly talented friend of mine!!

We met through the blogging world since both have a daughter(s) adopted from Thailand, we started connecting with each other about 3 years ago and immediately hit it off. Since then have met her a few times and spent even a vacation together in Bethany Beach last summer. Maci and her daughter Ruby are close to my heart and I am proud to say that this talented singer is my friend!!



You have to listen to this smooth and beautiful voice singing the boy from Ipanema (just click on the link), I really do like to share this talented lady with you!!

So go and click, sit back and just relax and listen and even better, go out and buy her CD's. She has a few jazzy/blues CD's but also a children's CD with the most sweetest lullabies for your tiny baby!! When I listen to the song Butterfly Moon I get chills running down my spine, so angelic is her voice!!

On this link, you will find a selection of her songs, click on each one and listen to it, it is just so stunning!!

And don't just believe me... here are some press releases of Maci, the words don't lie!

“Miller's silky voice, great stage personality, and impressive interpretations of jazz standards make her one of the top young female artists in the jazz world.” — Sanibel Captiva Islander

“Beautiful songstress Maci Miller offers up 10 original diamond gems. Lush orchestrations and sultry vocals. This albums spells hot romance and enchantment. A Very Good Night indeed!” — Bo Lewis, Host, Big Band Dance Party

“Her versatile voice ranges from whispery, a la Marilyn, to poignant and yearning, a la Lady Day, to clear and elegant as fine crystal, a la Ella.” — Carol Allen, The Whoot, Atlantic City, NJ


My day started off so well, while listening to her voice, it really lifted my morning! A good start of the day!
Go out and buy her CD's and your day will be starting or ending just as fabulous as mine!! Her songs go well with a smooth glass of vino by the fire place... and Xmas is coming up, so if you don't know what to get... here is my golden tip for you!!

PS: If you buy her children's CD Butterfly Moon you will even support the Mercy center for children. A gift that gives back.
The project was inspired by the adoption of her first child and is aimed at helping to improve life for children in orphanages and children living with HIV/AIDS.

And since November is the National Adoption Month, isn't this a wonderful gift for friends or family who are connected with the adoption world?? Or are thinking of adopting...




Carpe Diem!
Mireille xx

2 comments:

Maci Miller said...

You are such a wonderful person! Thank you so much for such a nice post about me and my music! I'm so lucky to call you friend! :-)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I will have to come back and listen, my speakers are working part time only or pullout my very old laptop and see if I can listen on it instead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails